The mission of the Learning Center is to assist students of all grade levels in becoming successful, efficient, and independent learners.
Research confirms that children learn in many different ways. Brookstone recognizes and celebrates that learning styles are as unique as each individual child. Understanding these differences is at the heart of the Learning Center mission and makes Brookstone effective in helping students develop their areas of weakness.
Learning differences do not discriminate. Nearly 25% of school age children have ADD/ ADHD or a reading disorder and about 15-20% of the US population has dyslexia. In light of this, the Learning Center offers solutions: heightened awareness, early intervention, remediation, and support for both students and families.
All services offered are included in the cost of tuition and vary according to grade level.
- Screening for early detection by Lorie S. Delk and Associates
- Parent consultations
- Remediation for reading mechanics, fluency, and comprehension
- Assistance with language-based learning
- Time management, organization, and study skills
- Executive functioning skills
- Curriculum support
- Coordinating appropriate accommodations that meet student needs
- Online learning opportunities
- SAT preparation