***TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, CLICK HERE!***
Instructions for new Google appointment calendar:
· On the calendar, select the time you would like, and click on the icon that says "30 minute appointment."
· A box will pop up with your name, date, and time automatically filled. Please edit the description with what you would like to work on during your session. Click save.
· The appointments are not synchronized exactly with the Upper School schedule. Make your appointment for the time closest to your class schedule. You may make multiple appointments for the same week but not for the same day unless you get permission.
· To set a reminder: you must edit the appointment from your personal Google calendar by clicking on the appointment, selecting edit event, and then scheduling a reminder...you can set a reminder for minutes, hours, or days ahead of the appointment, BUT, you must have Gmail open for the reminder to work.
· To cancel an appointment, click on the appointment from your personal calendar and click the red delete button at the top. You may edit an appointment after it is created.
· To reschedule an appointment, you must delete the appointment and then start over.
· Your appointment is private; no one else can edit or view your appointment!
A.P. Chem, y'all hush
Convert to moles, plug and chug
Do, dot, dit, Dr. Dale
Here's your chance to be as famous and intellectual as Dreelin! Submit and publish two pieces in this year's Perceptions to be a part of the National English Honor Society.
Deadline: February 14th, 2013
TO SUBMIT, CLICK HERE:
WINNERS OF 2012 ISTANBUL ESSAY CONTEST:
Brittany Roman won 1st in GA and 2nd in the Southeast
Adriana Embus placed 2nd in GA and 4th in the SE
Michael Gibbes placed 3rd in GA and also in the SE
Ayesha Ali received honorable mention
Redding Byrd placed 2nd in GA and 3rd in the SE
These students and sponsoring teachers Dr. Byrd and Ms. Tomblin traveled to Istanbul, Turkey for an unforgettable 10-day cultural experience, meeting host families, dignitaries, and other students from around the world.
Location and Hours:
The Writer's Center @ Brookstone is located on the first floor of the Upper School on the history wing. From the back parking lot entrance, it is the first office on the right hand side. The Writer's Center Coordinator, Mrs. Anna Flournoy, is available for appointments Monday-Thursday from 9:00AM until 4:00PM.
Scheduling of Appointments:
30 minute appointments are available during the times listed above to all middle and upper school students for any type of writing assignment. Students are asked to bring in only one essay or writing assignment per appointment.
How can the consulation help me?
The Writer's Center @ Brookstone is designed as a resource to help students improve their writing--not as a drop off or proofreading service. You can receive feedback or assistance on all aspects of the writing process, including, but not limited to:
understanding the teacher's assignment instructions
generating ideas when you don't know how to start
reviewing your draft and determining where evidence is lacking
organizing and structuring your ideas
finding your thesis and maintaining your focus
documenting sources correctly to avoid plagiarism
correcting your grammatical, usage, and punctuation errors
deciphering those tricky MLA rules and regulations
helping to build your confidence as a writer
What happens during a consultation?
In a typical 30 minute consultation, you will sit down with Mrs. Flournoy and describe your assignment and what you would like to accomplish during the session. You and she will work on those aspects and perhaps others. Before ending the session, you will discuss how you will proceed with your assignment. Finally, you will receive a printout of the session and hopefully make a follow-up appointment.
What should I bring to a consultation?
Bring your assignment and any writing that you have already completed (an actual hard copy is best). You can also bring notes you have made, references you are using, and anything else relating to the assignment. However, you need not bring any writing at all. Mrs. Flournoy can help you generate ideas and help you begin the writing process from the beginning.
Room 112, Upper School Brookstone School
Phone: 706-324-1392 ext.1465 440 Bradley Park Drive
E-mail: email@example.com Columbus, Georgia 31906