Since its inception, Brookstone School has been stretching the minds and developing the talents of its students. The Brookstone experience provides the foundation for students to reach beyond the classroom and gain an understanding of their own unique abilities and ambitions. The school has built a distinct reputation for extraordinary quality in educating college bound students and for guiding them toward a life of personal fulfillment as well as service to others.
Brookstone's students consistently rank among the top in the country, with 100% of graduating seniors attending college. In addition to academic accolades, students leave Brookstone enriched with the skills and values that will serve them for a lifetime of exemplary leadership, not just at work but in the community as well.
Established in 1951, and relocating to the current campus in 1969, Brookstone School is an independent school governed by a Board of Trustees. Over the years the campus has developed, incorporating additional buildings and playing fields to reach the current 100 acre campus. Brookstone is Columbus' only pre-k through 12 independent college preparatory program.
Brookstone School, a college preparatory school founded in the Judeo-Christian tradition and committed to academic excellence, endeavors to develop in its students a foundation for lifelong learning, integrity, personal responsibility, mutual respect, and service to others.
Beliefs• Quality instruction provided by an expert, caring faculty
• A comprehensive, sequenced, and balanced curriculum
• High expectations for academic performance
• High expectations for appropriate behavior within and outside the school
• Development of all dimensions of the individual: intellectual, emotional,
spiritual, physical, aesthetic, and athletic
• Recognition, encouragement, and support of diverse talents and intelligences
• Development of individual responsibility, self-direction, and active learning
• A solid value system supported by and reflected in the Honor Code
• Extension of scholarship beyond the classroom through extra-curricular
opportunities and activities
• Support of ethnic, religious, socio-economic, and political diversity
• Cooperation and mutual regard among all members of the community:
trustees, faculty, administration, staff, parents, alumni, and students
• Student partnership and participation in appropriate areas of decision making
• Proficiency in the use of the latest technology
• Ongoing faculty and staff development
• Functional, safe, aesthetic, and well-maintained surroundings
• Commitment to Brookstone's role in the local and global communities, instilling
a sense of service and involvement that will produce excellent leaders and citizens